Through our Edlong Enriches program, which is led by our employee-driven Giving Back Team, we fulfill our mission to enrich the lives of everyone we touch. We do so by contributing both time and resources to support our main areas of focus: food, nutrition and health, food science education, career mentoring, and crisis aid and relief. We consistently exceed our contribution goal of 1% of annual profits.
Here are some of the ways we give back:
- Matching Gifts Program: By matching employee charitable gifts we are able to give monetary support to the causes that are important to our employees.
- Scholarships: We provide financial assistance to college students pursuing careers in culinary and food science.
- Relief Aid: We donate money to help those in times of crisis due to natural disaster or illness, both domestic and abroad.
- Company wide Volunteer Events: We coordinate community efforts throughout the year, and actively encourage and promote group volunteer opportunities for our staff.
- Entrepreneurship / Mentoring: Through our work with Female Strong and NAWBO, we provide mentoring and exposure for young students of various backgrounds and disciplines to gain knowledge and build foundations to become strong leaders.
Recent contributions that make a difference:
The USDA Milk Distribution project donated 89 truckloads of milk to the Greater Chicago Food Depository. As supporters, Edlong contributed funds to help the Grateful Harvest program deliver milk to families all over the Chicago area. This is just one of the ways that we look to help enrich the lives of those in need!
Some of the organizations we support:
- Bigger Table – We work closely with Bigger Table – the nonprofit arm of the Chicagoland Food & Beverage Network – to help address food insecurity across Illinois. Most recently, Edlong worked with Bigger Table by providing flavor expertise and a key ingredient to create and distribute over 200,000 flavorful, high-protein, low-sugar chocolate meal replacement mix packets to those in need.
- RMHC Chicagoland & Northwest Indiana – Family room sponsor, Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago
- FMSC – We are involved in a number of Feed My Starving Children initiatives including packing events, the Hunger to Hope Spring Gala, and Hope Filled Holiday MobilePack™ Event.
- Blessings in a Backpack – We sponsor onsite packing events for local schools. Blessings in a Backpack provides food for elementary school children.
- NAWBO Spirit Foundation –We are a sponsor of their Young Entrepreneurs Academy (YEA!) program.
- Culinary Care – We are proud annual sponsors of the annual corporate cook-off for this organization that provides food for cancer patients and their families. In 2020, they were able to increase their impact and delivered 395% more meals!
- Culinary Institute of America – We provide monetary donations and also scholarship funds for selected members
- Feeding America – We like that this organization’s focus is on fighting hunger in the USA
- Greater Chicago Food Depository – We participate in many different ways either through food donations, time or money
- Feeding Tomorrow – We donate to the IFT (Institute of Food Technologists) annual Scholarship Fund
- CDPEC – Collegiate Dairy Products Evaluation Contest Sponsor. Students evaluate six different categories of dairy products
- Female Strong – We’re proud partners of this non-profit organization and community of committed individuals, offering hands-on programs, mentorship, and experiences that build confidence in middle and high school girls.